Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Onto the next project...


































Now that "Haven" is up and swaying in the breezes at the Marin Cheese Factory, I can now fully turn my attention to the upcoming Berkeley shows at the Erica Tanov store and the Cecile Moochnek Gallery. I am so honored and pleased to have my work up at Erica Tanov's store as I am a huge fan of her clothing and her design aesthetic. Her store is a beautiful space filled with so many inspiring patterns, shapes, colors and textures. Now I get to add my wire sculptures and paintings to the mix and I am thrilled.

And, just down the street, I'll be showing all the yellow "Basin" paintings as well as two larger paintings (6 1/2 feet long and about two feet high) from this series that are about the biggest work on paper I have done thus far. I will be showing this work alongside Seiko Tachibana (another one of my artist heroes) who will be showing a series of prints that also have a water theme.

Okay, back to work...